Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Are You Sick Of It?

You know that feeling you get when you think you're coming down with something? That little twinge in the back of your throat, the little muscle aches and the occasional cough? Yeah, well I had that two days a go. Now, I'm sick.

Sickness usually starts by us coming into contact with some nasty thing that grows with us, making us weaker as it gradually takes over our entire lives. It drains us of who we are supposed to be and breaks down our resistance. Yuck. I'm sick. Somebody get me a doctor! LOL!

Do you ever get sick of being sick? Most people do. When people get sick of something they will often take steps to get rid if it. We'll go the emergency room. We'll make an appointment with our doctor. We'll even take a vacation somewhere sunny when we're sick of winter.

What are you sick of? I'm sick of politics and news casts. If I never saw another slanted news cast, pushing some agenda, I'd be fine. If I never heard another politician arguing something, not because of their beliefs, but because it's against what another politician wants. I'm sick of it!

What about our sin? Are we sick of that? Or do we not complain all that much that it hangs around? God back and read paragraph two only substitute the word "sin" for "sickness."

"28And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” - Mark 2:17

Jesus offers some excellent advice when we get sick of things in this life. Here's His prescription. Will we take it?

"28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” - Matthew 11:28-30

The following two songs, from different ends of the Christian music spectrum, both deliver the same message. The first is a little head-banging rock from Skillet. Here's some of the lyrics.
Are you sick of it?
Raise your hands
Get rid of it
While there's a fighting chance
Are you over it?
Bored to death?
Have you had enough regret?
Take a stand, raise your hands

Do you see what the song says? When we get sick of all the stress and worldly situations in life we should raise our hands to God and . . . get rid of it. Give it to God! :)

The second song is a lot more calming and is ALL scripture. Quite a change in music style but both songs deliver the same message.

Sick Of It - Skillet
Come To Me - Aaron Shust

No comments:

Post a Comment