Monday, April 17, 2017

It's Free?

Do you like free stuff? I think just about everyone does. I've got a few things I never would have bought otherwise, but when I found out they were free . . . YEAH!

This week at work we all got an e-mail. We're remodeling our office and there was free stuff in the garage. I could almost hear the trampling of hooves as people ran to get their free stuff. I say I could almost hear, because I too was rumbling to the garage - sticky notes and a Sharpie in hand.

I was able to snag  three base cabinets and four countertops. Yes! Then I found out they had to be moved during this past weekend. The rainy weekend. And where was I going to put everything? I had no idea. Sometimes free stuff comes at a cost.

We just celebrated Easter, or Resurrection Sunday, if you prefer. Jesus came back from the dead after dying for our sins on Good Friday. God offers free stuff to all those who choose to believe. Free forgiveness of sins, free salvation, free indwelling of the Holy Spirit, free eternal life. And by "free" I mean WE don't have t pay for it. Jesus already took care of the bill.

Of course there ARE some costs. We Christians get picked on quite a bit. Some us get persecuted - mainly in other countries. Sometimes we even get killed for our faith. But even those costs can't compare with all the free stuff.

What did we do to deserve all this? Well, God called us. He chose us, but, just complicate things, He gave us free will. We don't have to accept His offer. We can decline it. But why?

The pastor at our church told us on Good Friday that we have a choice between two cups. One cup we can drink. It is filled with living water. The other cup is filled with God's wrath. We don't get to drink that one. It gets poured out on us for not having chosen to believe in the One True God.

Have you chosen with cup you will partake of? I have. God's living water tastes SO good. I encourage you chose that one. The cup of God's wrath is NOT good. But it's your choice - life or death. Have you made your choice?

"37 On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! 38 Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’” 39 (When he said “living water,” he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)" - John 7:37-39

This I Believe - Hillsong Worship
Resurrecting - Elevation Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment