Saturday, November 18, 2017

Running The Race

Not knowing, sucks. That uneasy feeling we get in between the tests and the results. In between the marriage proposal and the answer. In between the old job and the new. Not knowing, our insecurity boils over into anxiety and fear of the unknown. There's a reason for that.

We all face hurdles in life. Some of them are higher than others, but we face then none the less. I think God is more interested in how we navigate life's obstacles than removing them from our path. We need to remember that this life we are living right now is a training session for what is to come.

Let's say we are facing a job transition like mine for example. I am retiring in four months. The future is uncertain, our family income with be drastically reduced. How should I approach my unknown future?

I could worry about paying the bills, I could concern myself about how I am going to put food on the table, but I would be limiting myself . . . AND my God.

Maybe you're battling a disease. As a Christian do you think it matters more to God whether or not you win the battle or trust in Him that, no matter what, your life is in HIS hands?

God wants us to run all of our races as if we want to win, not necessarily TO win. Does that make sense?

Maybe you've seen this video. It's a Special Olympics commercial video of a track event - a race. All the contestants want to win. When one of the runners stumbles, watch what happens. Then tell me who won the race.

Special Olympics Race

Sure we will face uncertain times. Sure we'll be afraid and concerned about the future. But God IS on His throne. God is STILL in charge.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7

Fear is believing that God can't handle things. We should not be fearful of the future.

Here's another race to watch. The runner ran to win and eventually he finished the race. Not exactly like he had hope but the outcome inspired millions. All he needed was a little help from his father, who loves him.

And that's all WE need too.

Things Don't Always Work Out


No comments:

Post a Comment